25 May 2011

whats new off the hook?

Well did you watch the last episode of Oprah?  I was not a big follower of her program  but thought it interesting to hear her talk about the audience and what they meant to her over the years.  I was busy cleaning while it was on. So really just caught snippets.  One thing I kept hearing her mention was her gratitude journal, another was how people think things will make them happy and how they find out that those "things" don't make them happier when they own them. That particular thought made me laugh, considering how many give aways she did.   Oh well enough of that. 
Here are a couple pics of what just came off my hook this week. 

These booties still need buttons, and the color is a bit off but they are made from Caron Spa bamboo blend.  I love the feel of this yarn and its easy to work with.   I made a similar pair for a custom order.  While I was carrying them around to give to the client, I got so many comments, I decided to make a second pair in the same color. .




I then put together these hats last night.  This one is made with Tahki yarn.  Its the one with the melon, and blue colors, and short fringe top. The pattern was purchased from Sunset crochet. My camera has been most disagreeable with color and lighting these days. 
I took this at about 1 am, so I didn't mess with it all, just plopped it on here. 
They use a huge hook size N, I'm so used to using much smaller, b or c size usually but these were so quick to do.  If I had more yarn I would have probably done more.  I will get better pictures so I can put them on my etsy shop. Its really much better looking than the current photo shows.  Theres and interesting mix of colors in the 2nd hat.  I did  play with "pom pom" this morning twisting and knotting the ends.
The second hat was a made from a hand spun and dyed yarn I purchased on Etsy.  It had huge differences in the yarn from lace weight to chunky.  It was difficult at first to work with, but I think it came out alright. The most interesting thing was the Tahki yarn was 60 yards, which was just enough to make the hat but no trim.  The hand spun was 90 yards, and provided the extra for the braid, but I wish their had been less lace weight and a bit more chunky in the yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment