18 May 2011

My beloved Brother Ult 2003

Oh my beloved Brother Ult 2003 sewing machine had a giant hiccup this morning while I was working on a prom dress for a friends daughter.  I thought I was going to die.  It's so darn expensive to take in for service, its like taking a car in for a tune up.  Fortunately I have two other machines in storage, but it meant I would have to take the brother into the service center and drive to the storage which is where we plan to move, not where we live now. 
When I took the machine in, explained the issues, the woman says, "Have you considered upgrading to a new machine that uses  usb sticks instead of disk?"  Oh sure, the 5000 my husband spent 7 years ago isn't enough for you?  I said no, I would love that option, but  my husband bought this after I bought a basic 400 dollar brother machine that did embroidery- he went to look for a disk for me with alphabet on it, and traded it in and got the bigger machine.  I don't think I would trade it in quite yet.  One of my other machines is a New home that he bought the year my daughter was born- 20 years ago.  Its a real work horse and I love it.  What it doesn't have is a automatic thread  cutter, or the needle position stop up or down.  But I have built dozens of tutu's, and costumes on it, taken it all over the place, and it keeps chugging.  There's something to be said for non computerized  machines.  I was always glad to up grade from my mom's black singer because I wanted something just a bit nicer.  My New home which was taken over by Janome was/is the best. For the more fancy stuff and embroidery I love my Brother. So off to storage I go........

No comments:

Post a Comment