03 May 2011

crochet- there's always a new thing to learn.

Funny, I thought I had been crochet long enough to know what I was doing.  Then again, I 've been using old patterns that have been around for years.  Somebody figures out how to do something new and there you have it, the patterns call for the modification.  So I'm trying to figure out how to foundation single crochet stitch.  It's supposed to be a combination of making the chain and the first row single crochet at one time.  I get it, but I can't seem to be consistent.  I've worked with three different yarns to get a feel for the stitch.  But the yarn that I'm planning on using for a the project that calls for the stitch is giving me pains.  I have this beautiful Rowan yarn called "panama" in the color daisy. Daisy looks like white and shade of beige intertwined.  Its a combined yarn of viscose, Cotton and linen.  Perfect for a light summer sweater that I plan to make my daughter. If I could get the consistency of the stitch together for the gage, I could move on.  The rest of the sweater is made up of more routine stitches such as cluster, shells, and v-stitches.  The challenge is on.  Once I actually get something to show, I will take a photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment