07 May 2011

sweater is moving along


Fsc on left edge of photo
so here are some pics of  the yoke on the sweater I'm working on for my daughter.  I was having such a time doing the starting stitch foundation single crochet ( where you make the foundation row of chains and the first row of single chains together )and still really have to pay attention to the pattern.  you can start to see the lacy pineapples in the top of it. 




The pattern for the sweater is called September Morn jacket/vest
by Doris Chan.  I purchased this as a e pattern download.  I wish it had better pics for picking out detail.  Even on my computer, I can't get a clear enlargement, but hopefully when its all done and been blocked it will be perfect.  I've never followed a Doris Chan pattern before so it takes a bit to get used to the way a person describes the pattern.  It's going a little slower than I planned but its always better to have something that challenges rather than have everything be too easy. 























No comments:

Post a Comment