01 January 2010

Happy New Years! 2010

I hope you all had a fun New Years Eve or New Years day!

We have traditionally hosted a party for the past 5 years now for my daughters friends.  This entails a house full of teenagers-17-20 who eat, play games, watch movies, stay up all night, listen to music and in general have a fun time.  This year, i decided I didn't want to be responsible for it, and my daughter and her young man took over.  Because there were guest with some diet limitations she asked me to help her figure out food, but from there on it was all them.  They prepped, cleaned, put out the food, and then obligingly cleaned again this afternoon after all had left. 
I on the other hand, went out to happy hour, and the movies with friends.  We saw the Blind Side with Sandra Bullock and Tim Mc Graw.  This is a great movie.  It kept the men involved, the women happy- its sports and a great story of humanity.  I highly recommend it.  We returned home by 9, to find the party actively involved with a the usual houseful.  Music playing, a rousing game of Seattle-opoly going and a ton of food-especially cookies as the invitees all brought cookies this year.  This year was one of the years we had several kids attending who have been off to schools or adventures.  So we of course had to catch up a little with some of them, then hubby and I ascended to the den upstairs.  Came down for a New years Toast, watch the fireworks, wait for the neighborhood fireworks to settle down and back up the stairs.  Watching the Burn Notice re-runs, and reading, and listening with one ear to make sure all is well. Consequently it was one eye open that I hear them finally going to bed at 6:30 this morning.  You would think that they would be asleep at least until noon- but I was up at 10:30 and daughter and BF were up already had coffee along with my hubby.  She looked fine, but BF was a bit grumpy. Breakfast, more movies and  about 2ish the remaining guest left. 

I'm now prepping my annual New Years good luck meal.  Always we have hoppin' johns (black eyed peas) and some greens and today its ham to go along.  I don't think I'm superstitious but I' have for the last 25 years prepared some version of this and we have been blessed through out the years. 

Wishing you all the best for the New Year!
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment