08 January 2010

Oh happy Friday!

I love Friday.  Its always been that day that signaled the weekend was coming.  From childhood this has been one of my favorite days.  These days, it actually means i will be teaching the next day, but that's OK, because I love my my job.  I have a class of high school students who dance 6 days a week with classes and rehearsal for the majority of the school year.  I cross train them for equalizing their muscle balance, core and stretching.  Its a fun class for them and myself.

The wind has been insane here the last three days, blowing all night and day.  Today the rain started with it and its sheeting against the windows, the garbage and recycle cans have blown up and down the streets, along with the escaped trash. 

We are back to college apps.  The difference is now my daughter has to travel to auditions all over the country.  Trying to schedule these the cheapest and making sure the dates aren't the same day as another schools national audition dates.  UGH. we already ran into one snag.  Finally decided the schools staff was so rude that they would just get the video audition ( this isn't an easy task either - but will be cheaper than traveling there).  And when you can get big schools like Julliard to work with you, you would think a state school would be more agreeable. It wasn't her top choice it was more her last choice, so we'll see what happens.  Besides it will save money for the Brussels- yes that's Belgium, audition that she wants to attend.  I'm still not sure i can swing this one, and its possible it will be and early graduation gift if we send her to Brussels for a week.
OH MY.  I will be happy to have this over.  Spent most of my day trying figure out plane & hotel reservations, and looking thru pictures for my daughters portfolio.  She had a photo session done, they gave us a 165 proofs to go thru and we choose 25.  That's some weeding, and then choosing shots for their artistic, or technical characteristics- head shots, formal ballet poses and the best modern dance .  Once this is firmed up we will  post a couple- the photographer we used, is fabulous.  He's experienced as a dancer, had his own company with his wife as co-director, and then he started photographing dancers.  He's getting quite a reputation in the area.  There are a couple photos from the modern company my daughter is in that he took in and earlier post.

Started to do the muslin for the company skirts I'm making.  Plan to finish that tomorrow, and start the actual skirts for dancers on Sunday.  These are pretty simple construction.  Should have them done in two weeks easily, barring no snags. 
Hope you have a great day!
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment