25 January 2010

Once upon a time

Once upon a time I used to be a demonstrator for a stamp & scrapbook company. 
I quit about 5 years ago, we were moving to a new area, and i had decided to go back to school and knew I wouldn't have time to put into the business.  I had been doing it for several years- about 8.  I have a garage full of this stuff- not being able to part with it, but I keep telling my husband I will.  Every now and then I put together a small album usually a 6 x 6 for a gift, but I can't justify the 5000 stamps i own.  It really is time to move these to new homes where they can be appreciated.


But alas, today I was able to go to my friends home and do a workshop making these darling mini albums with products that weren't even available when I was demonstrating. 
Sticker sets, and 4x6 photo flip flap holders.  I can't tell you how much fun I had doing this and getting the juices flowing to be creative with paper again.



Photo above shows the inside of the cover and the flap seen below on closed cover left.
This is the cover with the flap closed on left and open on the right.
It was just fun, to be able to put my own little twist on the project she designed.  When I got home and showed my daughter- who just returned from first set of auditions for college- she was oh that is so cute!  I said  I know!  And then we started thinking they would be fun to make for her dance friends who are graduating from high school this year.  So of course the quest is what to put on the front of each as they are very different personalities.  Fortunately we have a few months, but already there's excitement building.
The supplies for these are from CTMH who have high quality papers and scrapbook supplies. Cornflower blue, barn red, sticker set called sweet home, and a print paper, that I'm not sure what set its from, but it has the cornflower blue and buttercup yellow- its reversable.

1 comment:

  1. 5000 stamps - wow! Your mini books turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete