17 January 2010

Weekend!

Oh what a busy weekend!  Friday was filled with laughs as we attended the funny festival at the Paramount and had a marvelous time.  It was hard to get up Saturday morning to go in teach my kids, as well as wait for a gal to come in for a fitting.  I'm working on a romantic tutu for her, that I donated in an auction.


After heading home, i was greeted with my daughters finished photos for her senior picture and dance portfolio.  Here are a few of my VERY favorites, but they were all so good it was hard to choose. She heads off this coming weekend on her first round of college auditions. So much to do in the next few days.  We are very fortunate that her godmother lives down in the vast Los Angeles area and will be able to guide her around for the weekend.




The best part of today was watching my father in law who is 79 play a Mozart clarinet solo at a symphony festival.  He retired in '93 after 43 years of teaching. He now plays in 5 different music ensembles/bands/symphonies.  To see and hear such beautiful music and how it affected all those in the audience is absolutely incredible.  I really believe music keeps him young and incredibly strong.  Its one of the things that my husband and I have in common, and that's our love of music.  We have very different and eclectic collections from each other but we cross over many many times.  Add our Daughters collection, and you never know what will be playing in our home- classical, classic rock, world music, musicals, keep going you're sure to find something.  My daughter's got a special fondness for Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney among  others, which I love because my grandmother enjoyed them, but my hubs totally disagrees with her.  They are not tops on his fav list.  HA Ha, can't agree on everything with your kids. 
Wishing you all the best for Monday.
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment