24 January 2010

Movie Time!

So we caught a couple movies this weekend via Netflix. 

One was called Adam.  About a young man who has Asperger's Syndrome, which is a type of highly functional autism.  Most of these people function in society but are more limited in there social abilities.  They don't necessarily feel things like other's do.  This movie was really very sweet, and it functioned around the young mans limitations but also his growth when he meets the young woman next door who is an elementary teacher.  I would highly recommend this- although some think its a chick flick, my husband was actually very interested.

The other was Taking Woodstock.  I remember when the commercials came out it seemed really interesting and I was looking forward to seeing it, but we ( I only watched a part of it) weren't that impressed.  It had some interesting moments, but hubs watched the whole thing and said it was more of an "eh" movie.  Since he loves the music from that time I thought he would for sure enjoy it.  Guess not.  I had more important things to, so it was just a dinner break movie for me.  But after his observations I really wasn't inspired to watch the rest of it. 

My sewing room can be kind of lonely sometimes and music isn't enough distraction. So I've taken to putting a netflix instant play movie.  These are OK as long as i don't get drawn in.  There was one I threw on while working that was about a girl who changed places from current times to the Bennett sisters and Mr Darcy.  It was interesting, and if you ever read Diana Gabaldon's series of books about time travel into the past you could relate.  The Title was Lost in Austen.  If you've ever tried to imagine being part of Jane Austen's books and what it would be like to know the real Mr Darcy- not just Colin Firth , you'll probably enjoy this movie.

Well I've almost complete my company project.  Had fittings today, to fine tune them. and will deliver completed for rehearsals later this week.  Can't wait to take a photo of the company with skirts on.
Good thoughts to you,
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment