01 January 2010

Already have a list!

Here it is the first day of the year and I already have a list of new items to make.

 I'm working on a set of skirts- 7, I think for a modern dance company in the area.  Hope to have all the details worked out this Sunday and then those will have to be finished at the end of the month for performances they are doing in February. 


While thumbing through some patterns I found another pattern that I know my daughter would love, for casual hip look.  Kwik Sew 3718- Its such a simple look and I know she would wear with boots like the model has on with the cream version.  In fact that version is what really draws my eye- in a simple solid knit or french terry.  I know this would be tops on her what to wear list.

Another pattern I have ready to work on for her is McCall's 5714.  I'm planning on making this as in a red french terry for her, modifying version D with the sleeve from version F, and using a zipper instead of buttons.  I have another idea in my mind to do to the skirt version of it but haven't quite firmed it up yet.  We saw an inspiration piece at Lucy's my favorite store for exercise wear.  I somehow just couldn't even imagine putting out a $108.00 plus tax for a glorified sweatshirt dress, that I literally picked the fabric up (on sale) for $12.00.  When all is said and done this little number will probably cost me $20 and 3 hours to fabricate for her.  This is why I originally started sewing back in the 70's, having limited funds and wanting more clothes than my parents would have ever considered purchasing.  Now I do it, because it brings me joy to create my own interpretation and designs.

I've been working on another a little baby blanket.  I was wandering the craft store and found this lovely variegated yarn that has been crocheting up into stripes of pink, yellow and white with variations of the pink and yellow.  My daughter described it as looking like candy.  I will probably have it finished in a few days and posted  for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment