18 July 2010

Weekend Round up

Well Friday was fun.  I work at the ballet studio on Fridays.  With a large break between 2 of my classes, I go out with some friends usually for coffee or breakfast.  This week I was surprised and we headed to and estate sale.  Because I'm in house mode, I was more interested in the house it was being held it.  It was built in the '50s. and reminded me of what at the time was a swinging updated all the bells and whistles home.  It had a bit of a different layout, but it was so the major rooms all had the view of the lake surrounding area.  The master bedroom, living room, dining room, family room (with a built in 1950's bar) all had this glorious
view.  I don't believe the home had ever been updated, except for carpet in a few areas.  It was definitely funky retro. 

My friend shopped, and I just kept looking over the architecture.  We left with my friends purchases of some old albums, and a musical triangle. Then we hooted around the old neighborhood, where both of us had lived at different times.
Lunch at the Fortune Inn in Kenmore.  I always thought they had the best hot and sour soup!  We happened to get there on a day where they were running a little late, so it was interesting.  Normally I would not want to eat at restaurant that isn't really open but they let you in anyways.  The food is still good and for a little over 6 dollars you get a huge lunch of soup, salad, fried rice, main dish and of course fortune cookie!
Back to work to teach two conditioning classes.  It was the last day of a 4 week session, and I usually tell parents if you want to watch I expect you to participate. They 99% of the time stay out.  Its ridiculous for parents to watch their kids do exercise- stretching, pilate's, yoga, and ball work.  I understand watching them dance.  Its quite different. But I had two parents coming in and plant themselves down. One looked like she was taking a nap, and then they kept talking through the class. REALLY ? No wonder kids are so out to lunch about manners.
Finally Friday night brought music and friends to our lives.  We headed to Oddfellows , where a friends band- Black Velvet 4- were playing.  A good friend who I haven't see for over a year recently moved back to town, and showed up, as well a couple other good friends.  It was pretty fun & very late night for us.  We got home about 1am.  Hubs wakes up at 5am for work regularly so its a very long day for him.

Saturday we were rudely awaken early the next morning by someone doing only god knows what but creating a HUGE amount of noise about 7 am.  Then 9:30 my phone goes off and realtor wants to bring clients at 10:30. So we hurriedly dressed and vacuumed, ran up to Starbucks for coffee and oatmeal. Hubs ran off to work for several hours, and I ran errands.Checked out a couple bookstores- one called Third Place Books, which has both new and used books.  I always can find things there. Not only did I get a book on cooking for students for my daughter but found a mini travel Scattergories game and really cute bag clips that look like big happy frog faces. A little BBQ with some nice T-bones that had been on sale finished up our night.
Sunday was so delightful to sleep in. Actually managed to stay in bed 'til noon reading a Linda Howard novel. Then we had breakfast, and went into town to see the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie, Inception. If you've seen the trailers, you only kind of have and idea about this movie.  Like the other movies he's done recently he is a bigger than life character and makes everyone else seem so minor.

I had planned on hitting one or two of the festivals going on this weekend.  There were so many choices in the Seattle area, with the Bite of Seattle going on (I quit going to this over 10 years ago too crowded), The Lavendar festival in Sequim- which i really did want to go to, and the Kirkland uncorkded festival.  But with the weather so pleasant, and just enough to do with out going to any of those, it was quite pleasant.
Hope you all had a great weekend.  This week I'm hoping to check out a new Yarn shop I saw going in, in Kirkland.  I love to crochet, but I do want to learn to knit.   I love yarn as long as it isn't wool- wools to irritating to my skin.
Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment