25 July 2010

Ah the weekend starts with a bang.

My Friday started as usual teaching a class at 8:30 am.  Then went with
my friend who is and avid estate sale goer to not 1 but 2 estate sales.  Purchasing a depression glass plate-3 dollars, and some small hand embroidered cut-work napkins for and incredible 2 dollars for all 4. I have collected depression glass for years, since seeing the pieces my mother had from an old friend ( I was 4 or 5 when Lilly gave her the first pieces- so I thought Lilly was ancient regardless of her real age).  I have gotten pieces as gifts over the years, and received pieces from various family members. The glass I bought was similar to another piece I have already in a light pink but this one is gold.    The Cut-work, is so simple but beautiful and I think they are in perfect condition.






Then I went to get a much needed haircut.  Its a wee bit- okay a whole lot, shorter than I was thinking,- I feel like my hair is in pony tail all the time since there is no hair on my neck. I think once I'm used to it I will like it, but  my hair grows very fast so it will all be good.




Back to the dance school to teach my class. I have a HUGE class of 10 - 13 year old's.  There are 27 kids in there. Barely enough room for them to all be out on mats, and then the noise level. I love my kids, and want to give each and every one the attention they deserve.  I know most of them won't go on to be great dancers but they deserve the best support while they are learning.

Followed up by a trip to the fruit market for some delicious raspberries to make freezer jam, and Strawberries to create a fresh strawberry pie, like they used to make at Bob's Big Boy restaurants in California, to take to friends for desert on Saturday.
back side -these were done by hand

No comments:

Post a Comment