25 July 2010

Saturday & Sunday Shenanigans

Ah Saturday was one of those beautiful Seattle area days.  Barely a cloud in the sky and a sea of blue above you.
I started my day making Strawberry Pie. Make a simple crust- I always use the refrigerated crust, I know its dependable.  Then chop up a enough berries to cover the bottom of your crust, and cover those with hole berries (hull removed) .  make a glaze- mine uses strawberry jello, sugar, and cornstarch. You cover all the  berries with the glaze and refrigerate until its set and cold.  Serve with Whip Cream.  Its a perfect Summer treat especially with local berries.
I then followed up with a batch of raspberry freezer jam. The local berries are HUGE.  I quickly had 6 jars made for the freezer.  And think I will run to the fruit market again this week before they all disappear to make some more.

We then head over to friends house for dinner and drinks.  We always have a good time with these guys. After sitting  on the porch consuming some spiked Arnold Palmer's, made with Carolina Sweet tea, and then my girlfriend got out the Honey Bourbon, and sweet tea.  We shared a great meal and dessert.  WE laughed so hard most of the time I'm sure the neighbors had an ear to their windows.  We were discussing a book someone had given them as a gift- which turned into a bathroom reader.  It was hysterical.  After laughing for so many hours we finally headed home quite late.

Sunday my phone started ringing at 7:30.  I always answer these days in case its a realtor.  But it was a friend who doesn't understand that I stay up late( wee hours of the morning) and get up after 8am at the earliest and Sunday is my sleep in day unless we have early plans.  I finally got back to sleep and the phone started again, at 10. so I figured that was it. 

My hubs was finishing the man door to our garage, it wintered very terribly this year and need stripping and painting.  Took the whole weekend to do properly. But its finished now, and no longer a concern when people look at the house. Check that one off the list.  Then we found this crazy British comedy called The IT Crew.  We love British comedies so not everyone has the same taste but we watched the various episodes of the first season through out the day. 

Of course this evening is saved for the opening of MAD MEN season 4.  Now there's a show that took off. If you haven't watched it you need to go back and watch the first season to find out all the players and their parts.  But its one that has my whole family hooked.
Hope your day was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment