15 July 2010

The week in round up

Well tomorrow is Friday which although is a workday for me, is also the first day of the weekend to me.
Last weekend we took our daughter to the plane to go off to San Francisco.  As we got closer to the airport drop off area, she says "You are not going to just drop me off are you?"  We looked at her and said well that was the plan, but we can go in if you like.  Well yes please. Ironically she is a frequent flyer and quite adept at getting around on her own. Since the tightened security measures at airports, it is really hard worth paying to park your car for the 5 minutes you can stay in.  So I went in with her to drop off the bag that would be checked and walk over to the endless security line.  Gave her big hugs and watched her embark down the rows of bodies with all their gear.  I notice that she tends to wear quite difficult shoes sometimes to wear into security where one must remove them.  This time she had cowboy boots, not too bad, not as easy as loafers though.   I thought my husband was doing the once around the airport but he parked and got in as I got out. That is somewhat typical- miscommunication- still after all these years.
We hurried home, to finishing straighten up and get the house ready for  the Realtors "Open House". Being too nice a day it was not well attended.  Why would you look at houses that are out of your price range? That always seems to happen.  The other is the snoopers who want to know what you have going on.  They can look at the flyer's for that purpose. No need to waste me time or the Realtors. I digress- this is the part of selling I really hate and can rant over it.
We ran to the movies for the afternoon and watched the movie Grown Ups with Adam Sandler among others.  This is really a cute movie, and I loved how they did it.
We hit music twice this week.  Tuesday at Zeeks with Dan Connolly and he had guest from Ireland Derrick Mullen (sp?) and his brother who lives in Redmond, frequently helped out.  These guys put on such a nice gig. It was casual and fun, and somehow watching a man from Ireland drink Strawberry daiquiris just didn't seem right. But he was loving them.  They had jammed the night before at the Rover, but we didn't make it.
Wednesday we caught Dan at Soul Food books in Redmond.  This is really nice venue for artist.  The stage is big enough and just high enough to still stay intimate but offer the performers space.  Dan was pretty laid back, being barefoot and all. He had a couple guys playing hand drums- like bongo's but different. One of his daughters was in attendance- she reminds me of a little pixie. As he ended he mentions he has a kidney stone.  I'm thinking why on earth are you here- knowing that for men this can be as painful as childbirth to women.  Not that a kidney stone is easier for women, its not. But he joked about it a bit and still  finished his set.  My hats off to Dan for finishing the set.
The rest of the time is adjusting to not having our daughter here. Making dinner for 2 instead of 4 ( her guest was usually here), or remembering to make dinner at all. My hubs, frequently comments that I try to starve him  when she's not around.  The rest of the time, I'm accused of over feeding him.  I know there's a happy medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment