16 August 2010

Inspired but stuck

Our home still has not sold but the real estate agent assures me, its still not close to the average days on the market before sold. mls seen here The home next door sold after 270 days, They had planned on taking it off the market in August, and it sold August 1st. It's good for us, instead of having 2 homes side by side on the market, but I wish mine had sold first.
I'm ready to be decorating.  And I have ideas but I can't move on them yet. I've never settled into this house.  I gave up most of my style when I moved here.  I had and eclectic style with a yearn towards traditional English before.  Now I have builders beige, but nice touches of granite, cherry cabinets, and various tiles. 
I love summer, and all of my summer decor except for 3 little candle holders are packed away.   I like sitting on the patio or deck, listening to music, feeling the breeze and enjoying the flora .  I have always had a fondness for White wicker like this set on the right.
My husband is not of the same mind though.  He actually detest it, but I'm not really sure why. Someday, I will have a couple pieces of this on my new deck or patio. 
I want color back in my life, with walls that take notice because they are a rich color of green or blue, or even a brown.  My prior home had Teal in various shades, in the main living area.  The family room which was also a daylight basement was done more in cabin colors with the honey golds, reds, navy blues and green.   The trend when we moved was to do Dark red walls in dining rooms and living rooms, also using dark dark browns on the walls. I kind of fed into this, but find I never committed to it.  I kept thinking I would paint some of these colors, but I just couldn't commit the time and effort into this house.  So now, yes I'm ready, and if anything, my only issue is that I love the cottage look in summer, with white white walls and light soft colors of mint green or faded blue jean with touches of bright red or yellow.  I'm ready for a project that doesn't involve packing boxes or taking things to the salvation army. 

No comments:

Post a Comment