25 August 2010

finally finished!

I started this little market bag, for my daughter while she was down in San Francisco in July.  After working on it for awhile I kept thinking something was wrong with the pattern instructions because it always came out wrong.  And so I scrutinized it and decided that I had interpreted it wrong and proceeded to take out and redo. It turned out much nicer the 2nd time around.

I'm thinking I might put a little decoration on one of the handles where it connects to the bag just for some added pizazz.
 If you look at the photo to the right, you can also see a layering top I made her last summer but could never get her to decide how much she wanted the side sewn- until now.  No green is not her favorite color, but when I go to the yarn shops I get into these moods for green and if its strikes me right. Too bad little one.  I'm actually very happy with how both items turned out.  The bag is a good size for a few days worth of shopping.  Since she will be using metro and her legs, I didn't want to overwhelm her with too big of a bag.  She also passes the store on the way to and from school.

I've already started my next crochet project.  A shawl made from a peruvian cotton in pink.  It's not really what I would call lacy but its open weave.  I think it will make a great gift. The pattern is by Bernat and free through their website.

Don't get too distracted by junk on my work table.  I always have stuff out there, either starting a project and get sidetracked or storing things. like etsy baby booties there on the right.  Since I give most of the things I make away or sell, its always nice to kind of revel in their presence until they go away.  Does anyone else ever feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment