30 August 2010

Country Village in Bothell

I don't know if you have ever had the chance to go to Country Village. It's changed over the years, different shops, places move stay in the village but move to different locations. When my daughter was little we used to go to fill the time.  It had my favorite independent fabric shop. Here I learned to quilt by hand, and to do traditional English smocking, not using a sewing machine, but the smocker with numerous needles you threaded to gather the fabric and then did embroidery stitches over. 
We (my daughter and I) would go and feed the ducks and chickens.  They also had bunnies and some other birds - doves, and occasional peacock.  It seems like most of the stores and restaurants have changed over the years.  Many of my favorites are gone.  Some replaced by something similar and some replaced by something completely different. 
We ( my hubs, my girlfriend and her hubs) went to a fund raiser wine walk on Saturday.  You pay 20 dollars for 10 tickets for tasting, and bring your own glass.  We meandered around, looked thru a shop here and there, but not enough to really offer them business. We did also wander thru the various small bites put out.  Some were delicious and some we ordinary.  But we did stumble upon the most deletable sweet shop called Susan's Sweets.  She sits out of the way, and we only found our way in as a wine vendor was set up inside.  The wine I don't remember but this woman has quite the hand for making delectable desserts. We sampled her cheesecake, pecan bars, macaroons, and chocolate.  It was incredible.  She's got to have the best deserts in Seattle.  My daughter and her boyfriend were wondering around the village as well.  They ran into us at the sweet shop. They took home a pumpkin cookie that was almost like cake, with cream cheese frosting.  We spent some time listening to music with them.  Then they went off and so did we.

We headed to the Italian restaurant to get a little food.  They have happy hour all day everyday in there bar.  But they are pretty stingy with their bread products.  When asked for another piece of  pita bread they said it would be 2 dollars. which we all snubbed our nose at.  My girlfriend was more upset than we realized though.  She took charge of paying the bill, and we'll leave it at that.  LOL.  I love my friend and she had her reasons.  The service was bad, wrong orders delivered, 10 minute wait for them to correct their mistake, with no apology, so the bread should have been a freebie for their mistake. We love happy hour, but its safe to say, we won't be back there.
I was inspired to go back another day though when its not a special event and I can browse the stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment