26 April 2011

whats new ?

Hope you had a lovely Easter Sunday.  Ours was drizzly, we had to wake up early and clean the house for a showing.  First major holiday without our daughter at home, made it rather bland.  After cleaning the house we headed to the Issaquah Cafe for brunch.  Yummy 2 egg omelet and hash browns.  One of the favorite things we get there is the Monte Cristo sandwich, a family favorite but it seemed more of an egg day.

 Oh and if you like Monte Cristo's, and usually dip it in strawberry jam- try this- dipping it in maple syrup.  We were at a breakfast cafe in Bothell a few weeks ago and they serve it with Maple syrup which seemed weird, but at the waitress said, its basically french toast.  True it is, and for a change it was nice. 

So I finished this little hat to go with the sweater I'm sending my cousin.  I have to make a little flower pin for it and it will be ready to ship. 


 These are going to make a cute set.  You can see where I changed the embroidery from the original pattern on the arm and shoulder.   The yarn is Tencel and cotton.   Total I think I used 7 skeins. 




I hope they enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment