17 April 2011

Just another Sunday

A what a day.  First off, we had and open house and had to leave early.  Neither Hubs or I had much gumption or energy this morning.  So we debated brunch or a movie.   Movies one by default as we tried to reach a couple friends for brunch unsuccessfully so we hit the theatre. 

Arthur was the first movie showing, realize at 11:15 the theatres arent' too crowded either. The other early movie was also a comedy, the one about the knights.  So off to Arthur we went, and had our breakfast popcorn.  I heard that the reviews weren't great but it was alright.   The best line in the movie was when he was looking in the paper for jobs, and making comments about them, and stated " Can you just imagine someone doing systems integration as a hobby?"  My husband does systems integration and we cracked up.  It's not his hobby by any means but it pays the bills.  I don't really remember the first Arthur other than he drank a lot in it.  So if there are more similarities I can't help you.

We headed home, and were commenting on how cold it was.  Its usually 50-60s here in April but were still in the blasted forties.  Much too cold for spring, and it makes it hard to plant things with out worrying about them freezing over night.  Shortly after arriving a large hail storm started. 

Current crochet project is a sweater for my cousins granddaughter.  I don't know how she can be old enough to be a grandmother, as I'm not, and I'm actually three years older than her.  And though it would not be a disgrace, I'm glad at 19 my daughter is NOT having children at the moment, although in a few years I'm sure I'll be nagging at her to get married, and have some, but not too soon, I hope.
I will post some pictures tomorrow perhaps of the sweater.  Hubs is traveling this week so must provide a decent dinner before he leaves.  Fortunately I have some spareribs marinated to cook in the fridge,small artichokes to grill  and some lovely bake and serve rolls.  I do believe my favorite food is grilled artichokes in the spring.
Hope your day was pleasant  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment