27 March 2011

weekend round up

No pictures today, but I hope to get them up tomorrow. 
Its national crochet month, and I've been working on a few different pieces.  I made a shrug from a bamboo yarn with lots of slubs in it.  This was a quick  project yet so satisfying when it was done. 
Of course more hats and booties, and yesterday I picked up the march issue of crochet and want to make a sweater out of it for my daughter.  I'm searching for a particular yarn that is rather pricey but looks gorgeous, and is a pima cotton which should wear well. 

We hit happy hour at Olive You in Kirkland Friday night.  I love their food, but their servers & bartenders are something to be desired.  The head bartender is a woman who is rather bitchy.  She poured me a beer from their tap that still looked like crap floating in cup after 15 minutes.  When I said whats going on, I had to ask for a new beer, since she was going to try and explain it like it was alright.  Meanwhile my husband had been their 20 minutes earlier when the owner had come and said that it was the dregs, and to pour in a pitcher and let it settle then sell.  That's total crap.  I don't care to be offered crap for a drink.  It's a shame their food is so delicious.  They don't have a happy staff which is too bad  So guess I'll be back to some of my other haunts. 
Saturday, we had dinner with Gordon's dad at a  little mexican place, and then went to 2nd story rep and saw our friend Dan Connolly play.  He played to a rather small and intimate audience but it was so great.  He'll be back in May there on my birthday so it happens, and I plan on being there.  It was a really fun night for everyone there.
Sunday, we hung at home, while it poured outside.  I knew when I had the windows cleaned both inside and out, it would rain as soon as they were done, but its so nice having clean windows. No streaks and smudges and lingering of dust when the sun shines through.  We hit netflix and watched  season of a BBC series called
Survivors- its about England post and influenza pandemic that started in China.   I know the idea is corny and all but its somewhat entertaining. 
Well hope you had good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment