01 March 2011

tutu in action


 
I returned from San Francisco last night.  Here are a  few photos of my daughter wearing her romantic tutu for Les Slyphides variation,  I made.  The costume was perfect fit. I didn't have to make any adjustments.  I added the sleeves and wings on arrival to get perfect placement.

We made the headpiece after I arrived in town and made a trip to Britex fabrics.  Britex is like a giant fabric candy store.  Not the least expensive place to shop at, but they have some wonderful buttons and ribbons etc.  It was like shopping at Nancy's sewing basket (still my favorite fabric shop in Seattle).

My daughter has let me know her displeasure in these photos, because she's looking at them technically not as a mama looking at beautiful daughter.  Her performance was flawless, and my husband and I are extremely proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment