12 February 2013

Wow its february!

Oh time flies. One minute I was preparing for Christmas and the next, I'm thinking about Valentines day.
so rather than do a long  catch up post covering a lot of this time. I will do several small post.
For Christmas, my husband  took to my amazon wish list and bought most of what was on it, including a Silhouette Cameo.  It arrived after Christmas by a few weeks and that was just fine.  It's one of those things I've been wanting for a very long time, but couldn't justify the expense for myself, no matter how much I wanted one. I've been experimenting, finding that some card stocks require deeper cutting levels than others.  Then saw a darling dish towel done with fabric letters and saying Love and a bit of bias tape trim.  I liked the idea so much, I had to do something comparable. I went to one of my favorite craft stores, Ben Franklin's and  found  2 prints that I really like- one the pink and red polka dot seen here above, and a the second a red background that has white flowers with pink centers.  My first foray was making the Love letters out of the flower fabric and ironing them on.  Unfortunately, my iron also spit on the fabric leaving a dirty stain argh! so I set that one aside and started the second one. Seen above here, I cut hearts using the silhouette of various sizes and styles after backing the fabric with heat and bond,  ironed on and then sewed around each heart, adding the rick rack trim on about 3 inches from the end of the towel. This one I took into my Enhance fitness class I teach and did a drawing. I really enjoy my students and like to give back to them.   I have one more towel to make, and thinking of how to fix my first attempt, and plenty of fabric to make a few more. Not sure what I will be doing next with this wondrous tool, but I'm hoping to pick up some self stick Vinyl and create a wall  post that you would see on entering our house.  Decisions, decisions....



No comments:

Post a Comment