12 February 2013

this if 55

I love when you look in a certain magazine and it shows photos of various women, stating this 40, or this is 50.  Well as slow as January is- usually recovering from the holiday indulgence of spending, and gifting and cooking and eating, start thinking about birthdays.  Both my grandmother and mother-in-law who have both passed from this world, had birthdays during this month. They were 3 days apart and a few years. One of my best friends for the last 30 years or so, also has her birthday during this month which happened to be on my mother in laws birthday.  I could never think of one with out the other although as women they are as different as night and day. With the passing of my friends birthday, I immediately think about my husbands birthday- Mr G and his sister who is born the day before him.
this is 55!
I still send real cards when I can,(time being the issue most often). I love a real card.  Unlike and e-card it stays around, you can look at it over and over again, and even if you only catch it in a glance, You KNOW someone thought about you.  I like the memories that real cards evoke.  My lovely aunt, bought me the same card 3 years in a row. I laughed because she liked the card so much she bought it 3 times.  I'm a card maker. I make my own cards when I have time. If not, or can't think of a good saying I'm out to buy one. I also like to occasionally purchase those cards with the annoying music in them sometimes.  Not always but occasionally they right song hits the mark!
 Here is Mr G enjoying some of his home brew made during Christmas break.

 Mr G opted to stay home and make beer the day of his birthday.  Now I know people who go to places that you can make beer, or wine and it takes them a little over an hour.  At our house its a several hour operation, that starts a few days ahead and takes all of one day, plus half of the next day to clean up. Mr G spent his day brewing and measuring, etc.  We ran out for quick dinner and then had friends over for desert and a few rounds of Boggle.
Happy Birthday Mr. G.  We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment