12 February 2013

the Little Knitted skirt Churchmouse simple straight skirt

I've been waiting to do this post because I wanted to have pictures of the finished product.
During the summer I was able to go out with my family to a lovely shop called Churchmouse yarn and tea.
Its on Bainbridge Island and if you have the chance I would surely go over for and afternoon or morning to shop and lunch in the little town.
alpaca merino wool blend in a sage green

I picked up a pattern while on a trip in Oregon last spring.  But being relatively new to knitting, wanted some advice and I have trouble with some wool's making my hands dry out and hurt. As a longtime crocheter I've chosen to use many blends with natural cottons, or alpaca and merino wool blends. Bamboo is also a favorite for yarns and fabric for me.
Here are couple pics where I started, doing the waistband in one piece, dividing it between two sets of circular knitting needles. Then the panels are worked on straight needles. It was my goal to have this finished for Christmas for my daughter.  I did have the knitting  finished, but I wanted to make sure that the waistband elastic was the proper size. So I waited for my daughter to be available to have the fitting done on it. 

starting at the waistband, and the front panel
 Finished it has a little ribbing edge along the bottom and slight shaping at the hips. 










No comments:

Post a Comment