12 February 2013

 Christmas has come and gone, but I had to laugh when we put up our tree this year.  Our old house had much taller ceilings, so we had this giant tree that took up a huge amount of space in our foyer. While there we could enjoy it from the living room/dining room, and see it from our windows as well.  It never required we change furniture etc there to put it up. Unfortunately its not such a great fit in our new home.
  Our ceilings are not quite 9ft in living room area, so the tip of the tree has a bit of a bend to it.  No Angel or star could sit up there either.  We moved the furniture a bit squishing together and re-arranging. We are still trying to find things, and stuff things into places.  It looked pretty clean and arranged nicely here we had chairs out all over as we host the Christmas dinner, and situating enough seats is a challenge before and during dinner. But I love having the family over. Next year I do believe we need to purchase a smaller tree for a more comfortable fit. (ps decorating 9 ft trees take forever and I find I put fewer ornaments on every year because of that.)

We have duet shades in here that have slight gold shimmer to them.  I really like them but I would like some curtains too, and haven't made any choices yet as to what way to go. So far we haven't really had a problem with sun, with all the trees out back, so its more personal preference. I like my windows dressed, I guess.


once a ballerina, always a ballerina

  

No comments:

Post a Comment