24 December 2009

the Wrapping is finished!!!


This is a first in over 18 years.  I have wrapped all the packages I've bought, including the stocking gifts.  I do believe this is the first Christmas I won't be sitting up and wrapping until all hours of the morning. I'm so excited and relieved!  I will do some baking to share with the family on Christmas day, and make lasagna and home made rolls tomorrow for Christmas eve dinner.  I've almost always done Enchilada's for Christmas eve, but thought we could use a little change this year.  I will put the finishing touches on two tunic dresses for my daughter's Christmas gift and be finished! 
I have to say I'm so enjoying the first season of not doing Nutcracker and being consumed with the costumes and theater.  I've been to holiday concerts, went to a Christmas  party at our favorite pub, have had time to meet with friends and visit.  I cant possibly explain how sinful it feels to be so relaxed. 


Well I promised to include this recipe so here is my Christmas gift to all of you!




Kalatochki cookies
1 &1/3 cups of sifted flour
1 cube of butter
4 TBS of light cream
Mix above ingredients together into a dough and roll thin on confectioners (powder) sugar.  Cut into 2 in squares and fill with 1/2 tsp nut filling. fold over two opposite corners to meet.  Like swaddling blanket.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Nut filling: 1 cup ground walnuts
                 1 beaten egg white
                1/2 cup of sugar
                1 & 1/2 tsps of Vanilla
Blend ingredients, use 1/2 tsp per square.

I hope all of you have wonderful holidays with your family.  We are staying in the area, will go to granddads for Christmas dinner with my husbands siblings and and their children.  Will be back to blogging in a few days!   
here are a few of Christmas cookie gift boxes we gave away, including: gingerbread, butter spritz in several shapes, Kalotchki's, and cranberry orange bars with cream cheese frosting.  Just enough for a dessert one night or coffee klatch with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment