05 October 2009

metallic pumpkins




I don't honestly remember whose blog i saw these done in silver, but i was fascinated with them, i had to go out and make some of my own. I used the carveable  pumpkins  from Michaels. Now is a great time since they are 50% off. Then purchased spray paint in Chrome and Copper.  I sprayed them all with the chrome, but wanted more depth.So then i sprayed them with the copper kind of lightly. Then i felt like i lost the chrome color so i went back and sprayed in some more chrome to brighten them back up.  I decided that  adding a flower arrangement with some halloween suckers would be good, and made one of these to give as a gift to a dear friend.  Will leave  it as a surprise on her doorstep. I was outside taking photos as the sun was starting to set behind our hill, and got just the perfect glow.  I'm really pleased with how these turned out.  They are easy and you should not feel intimidated if you give them a try.


hope you all are enjoying our gentle fall weather!

1 comment:

  1. will probably add some ribbona to the flower arrangements but wanted to get these photos done in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete