13 October 2009

Gratitude & life's energy

Just a quickie today- i think.  I've been thinking about some things and one is gratitude.  Sometimes i get lost in all the things around me.  It seems like there's too much clutter, too much I need to do. Too little time to be with my family & friends.  Too much want. 
     If i change those thoughts around i can see that i have  much to be grateful for.  I'm thankful for the friends and family i have and every moment that i get to spend with them.  Do i wish i had more minutes with them, of course i do, but its more important that i can appreciate what i have.  I have a wonderful spouse, and lovely daughter who have made life full and joyful over the years and for them I give thanks.  My aunt who is one of my best friends, my friends who fall in and out of my life- all of them make my life more joyful. 
     The clutter i hate (it stifles my mind and energy)- my spouse really doesnt know how much i hate it- he thinks i like it.  Oh you have know idea about this one, BUT i have clutter, which means i want for nothing.  I need to get rid of things, quit being over sentimental.  I learned from my MIL that when you want to clean out things, offer it to people who you think might want to use it. And if they say "NO" then its time to take it to goodwill so some one else can.
Unfortunately in my crafty mind, I'm always thinking of what I can do with this in the future, BUT its time to say how long have i had this? Have i done anything with it?  Will i use it in the next 7 days? Then lets move it along.  OF COURSE there are things we have we dont use every 7 days- sewing supplies, and some crafting staples,  etc. But even those need to be reduced. 
     So usually when we think about gratitude people associate the word attitude with it.  Its all in your attitude of how you see things.  But i believe its more than that,  its not just attitude.  You can fake attitude, i've done it many times.  It's really about being honest with yourself.  Looking at all that you've been granted in your life. 
     I have in my control  the ability to declutter, bring the energy back to my life, and create for my family and friends.  I know there are changes all the time, and making the most of those changes is acting with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment