13 September 2010

wow time has gone by so fast.

I returned home last Thursday from taking my daughter off to her new city digs.  It was hard to say goodbye, especially when the tears welled up in her eyes.   So my question is, why is it when our kids get old enough to do things with us, and you can enjoy each others company, instead of feeling like its work, that they move away? It's just very odd for nature to do this to us. 

I finished a shawl I was crocheting while traveling.  Made from a Brazilian cotton blend.  I'm not sure what I will do with it, yet.  While in Ashland I was able to pick up a lovely silk blend yarn on sale, in two colors, one a gorgeous but not overly bright coral- intended to be made for Emilee. And a very soft grey I want to use for myself.
It was on sale for 25% off so I felt like I hit the jackpot.  We only stopped for lunch, but the yarn shop was on the way back to the car. 

I've been so busy, I haven't read blogs, or written on my own here. =)   
I just came back from meeting with the realtor to discuss the house.  I recently  found before leaving to San Francisco 2 perfect houses. Same neighborhood, similar floor plan etc.  one sold just before I left and the other, went pending this weekend.  There was one other I had marked as a favorite, and its gone pending too.  So now I' have two other houses same area, but opposite side of the neighborhood with  my eye on.  I'm afraid to like them too much or they'll fly off too.  One has been on for 6 months is priced to high, and desperately needs fresh paint inside and a little updating.  The other one I've not been in but the seller is offering to update the kitchen counters on sale, so that's a big deal.  Would like to see in it one of these days.

Next on the list is the box of things forgotton and asked for by darling daughter.  So I need to run around and collect her goodies and mail out to her. 
I will soon throw a couple pictures on here of the shawl and trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment