10 March 2010

Spring in Seattle

Oh Spring in Seattle is so confusing some days.  You can start out perfectly sunny, and within a short time have clouds in part of the sky and sun in the other.  Then in the blink of the eye you have some sprinkles and a hail storm while the sun continues to shine from a bright blue sky.  Go Figure.

But during all this I found a wonderful cotton yarn from Bernat that is the colors of Seattle spring: white, Lt blue, medium blue, grass green and sunny yellow.  Its such a lovely 100% cotton yarn.  I whipped into a delightful baby blanket.  I will post photo tomorrow.  I always wash and dry to eliminate any shrinking before putting up for sale.  Will be available on etsy tomorrow.

While in San Francisco with my daughter last month I picked up some wonderful bamboo yarn.  I threw together a pair of infant booties with a lovely variegated yarn- pastel pink, lavender and mint.  I also bought some bamboo & silk blend that I started to make into a pair of socks.  One thing about this yarn is it has no nylon, so it has no extra stretch.  But she tried the first one on- not finished yet- checking for length before the toe and mentioned it felt "very Good".  Always a good sign, that means she might wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment