10 January 2014

2014 Its here!

This will be just a quickie, to say the least.  I just made a post on my other blog-
 8000 Steps, going over my current weight loss efforts and a few health challenges. I don't want to re-hash again here.

My Christmas was delightful with my daughter at home for almost 3 weeks.  We were busy going to the gym, decorating and shopping for the holidays.  This beauty just amazes me as she grows into an adult.  She spent a fair amount of time with her friend who is getting married next summer.  This was her last trip going back for school- 2 more semesters in England and she graduates.  Oh the insanity of looking for a job in the arts- BIG. Well, we'll deal with it when it time gets closer i'm sure.
 After struggling to organize my Woman Cave I realized I would have to change things.
I'm planning to finish off my craft room, with a definite plan to switch out to cabinets mounted on the wall with drawers on the lower half,a long desk top and cabinets above the desk top. The plan is these would be all on one wall of the room.  Careful measuring and thorough pricing etc must take place.  There's a Martha Stewart piece or two I really find quite enticing, but don't know if I will go for them.  Regardless, My Ladies Cave space will be thoroughly usable by February.  

I'm currently working on a large circle cowl with some yarn I picked up on our last trip to Lake Chelan.  I will add a better photo later on but the yarn is quite fun its very textured and bulky and I'm just doing a simple pattern of garter stitch 7 rows, and knit 7 rows on circular needles. I was planning to use bigger sized needles but couldn't find them when I started. It should be finished relatively soon.

I don't do resolution's they are just something to make you feel guilty for not completing.  But I do have a goal this year to make one gift item a month, and one item for myself.  I have decided I would like to get back to creating things for myself.

  In February, I plan on making myself a travel shawl for summer time. Its in the current issue of Knitscene   http://www.interweavestore.com/knitscene-spring-2014-grouped?cid=2500&CAPCID=36262146470&cadevice=c&gclid=CJbw6-6U87sCFTDhQgodX0QA-A&CA_6C15C=400009260000178224 Spring 2014 a pattern called "J.Watson Shawl" by Megi Burcl.  It has little openings on the shoulder and when its tied closed in front it reminds me of a light sweater tied around your shoulders.  Light weight for summer weather.
Since I will be recuperating at home, and have limited activity no push or pulling movements.  Knitting should be perfect for keeping my hands busy.Walking is OK, so I'm sure I'll be doing lots of that, no teaching for a month-sigh. I will have to get out and get the yarn in the next week or two.

I already bought myself a birthday present (my birthday is at the end of May). I found a workshop I wanted to attend in early June, and purchased it so I wouldn't forget.  I'm really excited for it, Its sewing and fitting one's self, and couldn't be at a better time.

Well wishing all of you a wonderful 2014. I hope to be here more frequently as I have many projects planned this year.
Treva

No comments:

Post a Comment