06 May 2013

Bags, Bags, Bags!

I've been looking for months to replace the wallet on a string I carry.  I've had mine for a couple years, and what I love about it, is that it has zippers that close the main areas so there's nothing that falls out.  Its just big enough to put my necessary cards for ID,etc & my rarely used check book, a hair comb and lip gloss.
There's an outside pouch for my cell phone. The last part is the cross body strap that makes it perfect.  Its about a small clutch size.The original did not cost a fortune either!  I swear if I find another like it I will buy 2.  Its a basic black, with some leather trim.
       So after looking hopelessly it seems, I've finally decided to make one.
I was going to create a pattern, trying to duplicate the one I have. I even bought some leather pieces in the jewelry part of the craft store, and a couple fabrics that I think would be fun for the inside.  Definitely more playful than serious, but a girl has to play around sometimes right?
While cruising around the web, I stumbled on a sight called www.emmalinebags.com.  She has almost the perfect clutch wallet.  She also several other lovely bag patterns.  Stop by Janelle's blog http://emmalinebags.blogspot.ca to see some of her other designs.

I had to include this toile and leather handle bag. I don't carry a large bag like this but Love the look and combination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment