03 December 2010

how quickly Christmas comes.

Only last week it was Thursday and  Thanksgiving.  Suddenly on Friday its Christmas.  We have always put up Christmas decorations the weekend of Thanksgiving, more because of time and they are so involved, you want to enjoy them as much as possible.  This year, we were so busy enjoying having our daughter home that we did not.  Our time was spent with her, attending movies, shopping for her birthday, and enjoying good meals together.

So this week I'm looking trying to figure what decorations to put up.  Since the house is still on the market, I feel like I should not put up all the usual doo dads. So I'm trying to find things maybe a little more elegant and less clutter like.  Is there such a thing?  After being at the craft store, I wanted to just borrow their tree and bring it home.  Life would be easier. However I did decide to change my floral arrangement in the foyer, and this is what I was able to create.  You know when you see something in the store, and you think I want to change that up, and make it my own? After I made this, it would have been less expensive to purchase theirs, but then mine has my own touch on it.  I love the little red bird as he is the little surprise in all the green, white and gold. 

I thought I had a great idea for the large wreath to put over my fireplace, i bought a stand for wreaths, and the wreath would have covered it all up, and I wouldn't have to put a hole in the wall, something I'm very conscious of these days.  But alas, the wreath ways so much it won't stand up.  So I believe all that's left is a nail.  Bummer.

After that I'll probably drape the garlands on the stairwell (which is made for garland and begs for it) and call it good for a couple weeks. 

Hope your decorating is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment