15 December 2010

DIY Christmas rush

I just realized I have a little less than 2 weeks to finish several gifts and get them mailed out. Not including the gifts I am not sending, but want to be able to have boxed and wrapped so it doesn't seem like a last minute thought.
One gift that I'm making is a holiday CD holder.  I made about 5 Cd's from my Itunes account of Holiday music I've collected over the years.  These I'm putting into a  small case made from card stock and scrap booking papers.  The person that is getting this I think will truly enjoy it, and its something that they can open when they get it, and use every Christmas afterwards. 






Trying to finish up a scarf which I think I will make into a cowl to go with a hat I made last month, is also on my list. It shouldn't take too much longer.

And some major sewing projects.  This wouldn't be so bad, but I'm going to San Francisco to visit my daughter for a few days this week, and would like to have achieved most of this before going.

Just saw, a great recipe for homemade vanilla, using 3 vanilla beans, 1 TBS of Rum, and fill the rest of the bottle with Vodka, takes 7 months to cure.  Wow, I might have to do this for a couple bakers in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment