01 June 2010

It's Party time!

I love when it comes around to Memorial Day weekend because it signals party time for summer.  We had the most cold and rainy three day weekend but it was not dry for entertainment. 
Friday was my birthday and my lovely daughter created a Lemon masterpiece that was  high on taste, and a little less on looks, but as she reminded me that its TASTE that counts and presentation is just a side benefit.
My man and I headed to a wine bar in Issaquah where a friend was playing for the evening- kind of a classic rock genre- where we had appetizers and wine with  friends.

This Saturday is our own party for our daughters graduation from high school, going away party, my b-day, and fathers day.  It becomes and open house.  We have another friend who will be playing music, his genre is Celtic rock and rock.  He writes an abundance of music, and sings with a sweet voice, plays several instruments. He's the one man deal. 

We have somewhere between about 20 and 40 or so people attending.   So, much of my week will be putting things together in preparation.  These are always fun events but take a fair amount of preparation. 

Our house is still on the market, and I'm hoping that no one wants to look at the house Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning. If they do, well...I'm not sure what will happen. We had one viewing on Memorial day and it wasn't really happy for us.  Assuming that people would have come sat or sun but not on the actual holiday.  Oh well- that's part of selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment