19 May 2010

latest project- grad photo album

As you may know from reading my blog, that my daughter is graduating high school this year.  so I've put together this photo album for her to take with her. 

It's lacking the pictures yet, as actual graduation has not occurred but now its all planned out and ready to go!  Using a Pre-cut cardboard book that said grade- drop the E so you have grad.
Trace the letters out on card stock Using the school colors- Hers were cardinal and black. I then ran the card stock thru my xyron to attach to the cardboard letters.  Although I've seen some really cool papers and accessories made for specific high schools, no one in our area has ordered those.  Even the local scrapbook store which is closest to the high school.  So I looked for papers that would work finding white background with crimson, black and a green yellow accent , a lovely raised congratulation paper with black and grey and bits of sparkle, as well solid black, red, white.


Using some varying shade of green brads to attached the dream, explore, and discover tags.  The congrats grad tag, tucks into the congratulations pocket.  Lots of Ribbon used for this project, I had black organdy, red organdy, a black & gray stripe. I found the cap & gown by Jolee'. It also had a few other pieces with it. I was able to find some sayings that I used throughout the book.  The last page I used an actual announcement from her class, which does open, and then the MT SI  & 2010 numbers were from a raised letter set, that has red felted edges.  If you make one, have fun personalizing it for your child.  Most of my daughters activities, have not been at the high school, as the last two years she's been in the running start program at the junior college, and all the rest of her outside activity is dance related. So I will make another album for her dance from early childhood thru current.


No comments:

Post a Comment