08 November 2009

Too much stuff!

Oh i know its been a bit since i've been on here.  I was starting to feel like i was spending too much time on the computer, and i'm going thru this phase of trying to de-clutter my home.  It gets pretty ruthless when i do this.  I start off just annoyed with too much stuff, and then i start throwing things away, or putting them in the goodwill pile because i just dont want to deal with them anymore.  I started in my pantry.  I keep alot of appliances you use only a few times a year, but when you do, they make your life so much easier. So as i wander thru re-organizing every shelf, getting rid of old spices, attempting to put all the party supplies in one place, deciding i almost hate tupperware, because my family does not look for things in it. Do I need a wok? actually i dont think i do, so this will be leaving. I always use my black iron skillets and i prefer them for most of that kind of cooking. Yes it turns into a job of i think i want to throw all this out, rather than deal with it.

Next i started with my desk.  You know the horror, of you have things organized for you, but no one else can find a thing.  I had carefully placed and important card from my father in law, to return to him, and all of a sudden it disappeared under the mounds of papers that must be sorted, filed, placed in the shredder.  I found it! Yeah, now i would like to set a fire to every paper that needs to go into the shredder, rather than take the time to shred.  UGH. I'm all into recycling, and wish i didnt have to worry about identity theft when i do so.

We have officially lived in this house for 5 years.  I thought when we moved here it was my dream house.  And it was, but its in the wrong place.  Too far out from where i live my life, my old friends, and the places i like to hang out.  So now, i'm ready to move, and if that means leaving the perfect house, then so be it.  It will  have to fall to the house gods or whoever makes sure you sell your house, so you can buy a new one. 
I've been planning this for about 6 months now, and when i want to market the house etc, one more christmas & new years here.  All of sudden I see that my neighbor has put there house up for sale.  Our homes are very different floor plans, but to think of having two houses next door on the market at the same time, worries me as people will wonder if something is wrong with the homes or neighborhood.  Understand we live on the first hole of a golf course. These are very nice homes, there is nothing wrong with them, and we have gorgeous mountain views on one side, and the golf course on the back side.  I love the mountains, and clean feeling of nature, but i know i love the water more.  I have lived by water-lakes and beaches since i first went to college most of my adult life. I grew up in the foothills and thought i wanted to be back there but finally realized that its the water that keeps me going.  Unfortunately for my family, i dragged them with me, but we all have gotten something from the move.  Its not without some benefits.
So enough time spent worrying, and back to the clutter/toss/give away mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment