15 November 2009

New Digs!

Well life around here has been quite busy.  My daughter will be turning 18 in two days, which in some ways is very hard to believe!  Who ever thinks when you bring that little bundle home from the hospital, that 18 years will pass so fast, as if you turned around, blinked and turned back.  It all seems a blur at the moment.
We've been dealing with so many things trying to get college information in and applications filled out.  We had to buy her a new car, following a nasty car accident during foul weather a couple weeks ago.  That was no fun either.  When i have to make big purchases, especially unplanned ones i always have a sick feeling in my stomach as if things aren't in my favor, but i know this time we were treated fairly as a friends lovely husband helped us with his contacts to get the best deal. 
And now after much contemplation I've decided to open an etsy shop.  Hopefully by the end of the week i will have all the finer details worked out and announce my shops name here.  I've been making baby gifts for years, since I first learned to do embroidery and handsewing at the tender age of 10.  I've decided to take the skills i've learned over the years doing fine hand work, as well as costume work, and just knowing what a parent needs for their little bundle and create a baby line of goods. 
Starting with lovely blankets that are crisp cotton on one side and flannel or minkie on the other side.  This was my daughters favorite type of blankie when she was little.  We did not have minkie then but she had the flannel on one side. and they were great for all year long.  When it was cold, you put the flannel side by your skin, and when it was warm you put the crisp cotton by your skin.  they made great blankies for tummy time, sitting and snuggling especially as she got older. I've been making these for friends over the years transitioning to minkie instead of flannel.  Some of the children call them "Butta" blankets, because the minkie is soft like butter feel. Each one is one of a kind creation.  I will also have binkie bibs, burp cloths, and eventually a few clothing items.  I love to create these items, because i know they turn into treasures.
Well that's it for today.  Hope you have a great week, and keep and eye out for my announcement of shop opening.
Treva

No comments:

Post a Comment