13 July 2011

I can hardly believe its the 13 of july!

July 13th is my youngest brothers birthday.  Its so difficult to imagine that he is 45 this year. In my mind I still see him as a teenager most of the time, despite that he has served his country in the army, and raised a beautiful daughter. Perhaps that is because we all lived at home at the time, and when you move out you feel like everything with your parents stops growing.  I don't know.   he's the handsome one on the right with blonde hair and blue shirt.  My other brother turned 47 on the 9th of July. This picture of the 3 of us was taken in November last year.

 Oh how time has flown since my last post.  I've been working on several new hats for my etsy shop.  I will be posting these later tomorrow probably.  Trying to find a decent day for photos.  Meanwhile my basket is getting fuller.  I'm hoping to make arrangements with a local photographer to get photos in trade of some stock.  I did send a few off to a another photographer, but I haven't had any pictures returned yet.  Makes me sad, as I hoped to see something soon. 

Fourth of July was lovely, the weather was perfect, and we had friends over as did my daughter.  We still are able to set personal fireworks off so that was mandatory with my daughter and friends.  It was fun.  We made some delicious white sangria, fortified with apple brandy.  It was lovely along with the other 3 bottles of white wine we all managed to consume. 

Miss em finally got a seasonal job for the summer.  She will have about 2 months of work and looks like they are giving her about 20 hours a week.  So things are good.  Now just finalizing the visa /money situation. ugh.  Why do foreign countries think you have and entire years of living expenses and tuition sitting around in your bank account  ahead of time?  Were working ti all out, but it does crimp a thing or too until the visa is processed.

From the www.ballofyarn.etsy.com
My project this week has been a hooded scarf that is fabulous.  Its called the Enchanted hooded scarf by Karen 'abegglen and can be found  at www.ballofyarn.etsy.com
I love the romantic look of this piece and the scarf is long and wide, and the yarn is so soft and cozy. My daughter will be taking this London with her for the damp and cold winter.  She already keeps petting it and just a few more rows and it will be time sew it together and get a photo or too. Mine is done in a color called "parfait" and looks good with ginger hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment