21 February 2011

look what's new from my machine


romantic tutu for les slyphides
My daughter is performing in a competition this weekend, so it was time for mom to pull out the patterns, tulle, thread and create.  Here are two pics of the romantic tutu I did for her. The picture on the right looks kind of wonky on the top, but I know its right.   I wasn't quite finished when I took these.  I still had to attached the skirt to the top, and put elastic on for the straps.  She wants a sleeve as well.  Which I will take down with me on the weekend.  The little wings are usually seen in Les sylphides pieces, which she is one of the pieces she is doing. 

back of tutu with wings- pinned.

I hope to get a few pictures of her wearing it. When I do, I will post them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment