10 February 2011

jury duty-2

Well my day today started with a ##@@%@$! at the court house.  I went into the cafe to get a cup of tea.  As I poured hot water- you know the stuff out of the giant coffee makers that will boil your skin in seconds- i had filled my cup and was moving down a  bit when jostled and the hot water poured over my hand, front and back, and wrist.   Several people around me helped with napkins, and tried to get me to ice it, asked for ice, and cleaned the floor.   The employees in the cafe, totally oblivious, even though one of them was right behind the coffee pot.  When the other people asked her to  get me ice, she asked if their was water on the floor, because we couldn't have  someone slip.  Never mind that my hand is bright red, and burned to  a crisp.  I had to go run cold water over it, in a bathroom to keep from blistering.  I have a few spots I'm concerned with they are very tender, and heat sensitive and red.  Well just have to see how it goes.

Day 2 was more interesting than day 1, but still alot of stagnant time.  Going thru the process of jury selection is interesting, and takes quite a bit of time.  Now that I'm sitting on a case that  is all I can say about it at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment