17 September 2013

Skater skirt

My daughter kept talking about skater skirts being in fashion. After making several of these for ballet over the years I told her they are very easy to make. After all they really are just circle skirts.
 We had seen a lace one with black satin waistband. We made our own version using a lovely knit cotton spandex for the underlining,  and a cotton stretch lace for the top. We used a blush satin for the waist band.  I didn't hem the skirt layers. I never thought I would do this, but after looking at some very pricey Vince Camuto, wear and several other better designer wear, this seems to be the current trend. It seems kind of lazy and unfinished, but hey try anything once and see how it goes. I wanted to use a zipper for the closure but she really didn't want one, so hook and eyes it is. I did make a 2 inch flap inside for modesty. Its simple add on.
She's off to school back in London today. She has her own style kind , a little Northwest, mixed with San Francisco & London.

No comments:

Post a Comment