09 June 2013

Guilty of rambling and being a loving a parent

I am guilty of being a mother who cares too much and would like to be  involved more in my daughters daily decisions. Fortunately for her, she lives out of the country, which is probably one of the reasons that I wish I could be more involved in her daily life.  I'm glad she's travelling, I'm glad she's experiencing school far away.  I worry that I'm unable to come to her when she needs comfort, or feels homesick. The times between coming home are few and far between.  I don't think any parent is ready to be apart from their child when they begin to grow into adults.  Life doesn't prepare us fast enough for that but seems to encourage them to leave the nest faster, and without looking back.  I worry about challenges that seem to hard, and failure. I worry that she might give up on herself. I worry that her dreams aren't enough. 

I make my daughter mad, when we have type written discussions sometimes.  Wording is not perfect, going across the internet, it misses some part of the inflection and meaning. I hurt for the challenges she meets with. I want to pick her up like a 2 year old dust her off and say tomorrow will be better and the in the next 5 or 10 minutes you will forget about that which caused you pain, or being uncomfortable or whatever. Obviously the distance can be a good thing foregoing the interference I would want to do. As proud as I am of my daughter as she schools outside her home country, I always wish she was here. In a place where she could visit, come over for dinner, share the day.  Where we could see her succeed just a little closer to home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment