24 November 2012

Time for Thankfulness

Oh my friends,
I must share this was one of the best Thanksgiving feasts I've had in years.  Our friends came over along with my husbands father.  We had shared the cost of a pre-cooked meal and added in our favorites  to it.
I was so busy re-warming food, and putting it out, I forgot to take any pictures of the people or the table setting.
First formal meal in our new home. A lovely relaxed Thanksgiving dinner with no dysfunctional family happenings.  No one arrive wasted or drunk, no arguments, no fighting. Our only disruption was the little dog we were house sitting. She stayed in her kennel while we were eating, and behaved quite well.
We had some Bordeaux wine my husband brought back from his recent travels to France, as well as some Sparkling wine we picked up at Trevari this summer.  Another bottle of wine and some espresso and pie ended our relaxed meal.  It  was so nice to take our time eating, and enjoying the meal, without the stress of a big crowd.  I love my family and our get togethers are interesting for sure, but also stressful for whoever is hosting.  This was simple and lovely and easy to clean up. With leftovers for all who wanted them.
Delightful!
ThankYou to my friends who will always be my family! (even if our kids don't get married and make us inlaws) ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment