24 September 2009

Mom's quilt

Well finally I have some pictures of Mom's quilt.. I finished the quilting on the big machine, and now i've brought it home to put the binding on.  It's so bittersweet to work on.  I know it gave her so much joy when she was working on it. But to finish it for her is so hard. she did such beautiful work, and i have mostly done hand quilting and fairly small projects so its just daunting over all. Hopefully it wont take so long to do the binding, but i know i plan on hand stitiching the finishing seem.
The photo on the left below is taken from the landing on the second floor
 The quilt is laid out here in my entry way. On the right photo's still being taken from stairwell

Hermi is my trusted sewing partner.  She loves my sewing room, and especially tulle and patterns. She immediately jumped on this when i laid it out on the floor to  take photos.  I wish i had remembered to take the camera and take photos when it was on the quilter.
Trying to get a picture of the quilting on larger squares, but its a light thread that blends well on top and is hard to see in photo..
the quiliting on the smaller green blocks, kind of a celtic knot type pattern. I haven't measured it but i think its a double bed size. The backing- she had a light thread in the bobbin so it really shows up here especially if you make a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment